The Pikes Peak Enterprise Zone contribution tax credit has been created by the State Government to encourage taxpayers to increase their giving to specific organizations that benefit our community. Donors who write a check for $250 or more through the Pikes Peak Enterprise Zone receive a 25 percent Colorado state income tax credit in addition to their charitable contributions! (In-kind contributions, like labor, materials, stocks, bonds, or real estate are also welcome in the EZone with some added stipulations.)
Note: Cash / credit card donations do not qualify for the Ezone.
USE THE EZONE IN FOUR SIMPLE STEPS:
- Write a check payable to “Pikes Peak Enterprise Zone,” and in the memo line, write “MSHC Capital Campaign” as well as the last four digits of your Social Security Number or Colorado Account Number*. You only need to provide the last for digits of your SSN or Colorado Account Number to us once; all subsequent EZone donations will only need “MSHC Capital Campaign” in the memo line. Your donation must be at least $250 to qualify. (Cash and credit card donations not eligible.)
- Mail the check to Manitou Springs Heritage Center, Attn: Neale Minch, 517 Manitou Avenue, Manitou Springs, CO 80829.
- You will receive a donation receipt shortly after you make your donation, and in about 45 days you will receive a tax credit certificate from the county.
- At the end of the year, your state tax will need to be filed electronically.
- Please review the attached presentation for more information Pikes Peak Enterprise Zone Contribution Project
* If you”re not comfortable providing the last four digits of your Social Security Number, you may instead provide your Colorado Account Number, which can be obtained by:
- From that page, click the “Request Letter ID” link that applies to how you will be filing your Colorado state taxes, as an Individual or Business.
- On the next screen, review the information you will need to supply to receive your Colorado Account Number by mail and click “Continue”.
- Fill out the short form to request your letter ID, and you will receive a letter in the mail within a few business days. It will list your 8-digit Colorado Account Number, labeled “Account”, in the upper right corner of the letter.